WOMAD + More to Share Tomorrow


It's a warm, humid Saturday evening here. The night air feels like a cozy blanket, except, I can't sleep. Maybe it's the coffee, or maybe it's because I'm excited about the news of WOMAD Abu Dhabi.

That's right, WOMAD is going to be held at Al Corniche in Abu Dhabi this month, 23 - 25 April 2009! WOMAD Abu Dhabi is a celebration of the cultures through Music, Arts & Dance. Here are some links with information to get you revved about the FREE music event. Yes, it will be a  "FREE" event:

http://www.womadabudhabi.ae/home.html 

http://womad.org/festivals/womad-abu-dhabi/ 

TimeOut Abu Dhabi magazine (link above) was kind enough to include with their current issue,  a bonus CD with 8 tracks by WOMAD performers. I'm enjoying writing this post while listening to some great World music. Also thrilled that WOMAD Abu Dhabi is going to be minutes from my front door.

There is more I have to say about other things Abu Dhabi: Heritage Village, a restaurant, another restaurant, the beach, the sun, and another restaurant. But, that will have to wait for Sunday. It is getting late and I should get this hot laptop chilling somewhere other than my legs.

Sincerely hope those in the area can make it to WOMAD - it's shaping into an amazing show, suitable for all ages - children too.

"M'a sa-laama-a" (go with peace).

Comments