Emirati Greeting

9:50 AM 02 April 2009

My U.S. cell phone started acting weird yesterday - and the roaming fees are killer. So I'm looking for a local cell phone.

While googling about UAE phones, I ran across another Abu Dhabi blog, http://gaialady.blogspot.com/. A good read, with a different perspective on life in Abu Dhabi. I too have seen the male Emirati greeting another male Emirati (shake hands, rub noses, hug). "Gaialady" found the *clip I'm also sharing.

Woo hoo! The sun is poking out - hope it warms up enough for a dip in the pool. The weather is supposed to be absolutely miserable the next couple of days (major wind, rain and lightning storms). I just hope the weather reports are wrong, wrong, wrong.

*note: It is considered very rude to video or take photos of locals without permission. So don't do it.

"M'a sa-laama-a" (go with peace).

Comments