Two Favorite Finds

Wednesday 9:04 PM 4 March 2009

Today was pleasant weather wise, cool enough for a light jacket in the morning, with warm sun later. Perfect for a late morning walk. Took a quick jaunt to Abela's, another grocery within easy walking distance. You should see the size of the skewers I bought there - puts the ones I have back in the states to shame - heavy duty size. I butter-flied the whole chicken I bought yesterday and used the skewers to hold it open, made for a tasty supper.

In the afternoon our personal items arrived via air-freight. I now have my suits, clothes, ties, and other miscellaneous items I can't live without (DVD's and my camera). The clothes I brought on the plane with me were getting a bit, too well worn.

The photos below are of a couple of items I've found locally, and recommend. The Arabic Bread unfolds to the size of a pillow case. It reminds me of a tortilla, but much tougher and thinner - goes well with most meals, just rip off what you need. The other item is the Arabic Mix nuts. It's anything but boring, interesting mix. Some of the nuts have shells, so be careful what you put in your mouth.

Comments