Foggy Morning


7:46 AM 19 March 2009

You could taste the moisture in the air today. The morning was heavy with humidity. Fog clung to the buildings as I walked my son to the bus. The temperature was pleasant. Thankfully, it's only the middle of March.

After my cuppa, I'm expecting the repair men around 9 AM. Last night, they called us at 8 PM, and wanted permission to come up to the apartment to start working. At night! We politely told them we were going to bed and could they possibly come in the morning? To repair what? Oh, there are three A.C. units in our apartment. The main unit covers the living area, and the other two cover the bedrooms. We expect the A.C. will have a workout this summer - possibly starting as early as April. Of the three units, the unit in our bedroom is not working optimally. It hardly pushes air and does not cool as efficiently as the other two units. We will need that unit working.

The proximity of tall buildings to each other, and all the concrete they are made of, has keept the living accomodations very comfortable so far. Walking through the neighborhood, there are plenty of narrow, shaded corridors for walking around and between buildings - all in an effort to stay out of the heat of the sun.

I have some tasks on my computer to attend to. I'll post when I have something else to say. May have a good tourist photo opportunity tomorrow or Saturday.

Until then, all my best.

Comments