Domestic Duties


Monday 7:47 PM 2 March 2009

Today began cooler, which was a welcome respite from the heat. Unfortunately, the wind gained strength in the afternoon making it a little nasty outside. So no pool today.
I made an effort to get some wash done. A not so easy task with the combo washer/dryer in the apartment. It's a machine made in Italy by a company called Bompani. If anyone has some advice on using this thing, please let me know how to make it dry clothes.

The miniscule manual states not to exceed a load of 2 Kilos, and not to exceed 1 Kilo if washing synthetics. Boy, they aren't kidding. We had to purchase a drying rack to lay out our clothes to finish drying them.

I did manage to get some billable work accomplished. As long as I sit next to my router, I'm able to get a reliable Internet connection. It didn't take long to adjust a couple of Web forms - once I get some feedback I'll tweak them again.

Tomorrow I'm checking out another grocer. It's more of a hike from here, but should be manageable. It's supposed to have a good selection. I'm still on the hunt for a VGA cable - I blew it this weekend and bought a VGA extension cable by mistake. Dang. I have a couple of good VGA cables at home that I could have brought with me, if I'd thought of it.

And any advice on using that Italian combo washer/dryer really would help.

Best.

Comments