Carpet Shopping Saturday


6:19 PM Sunday 15 March 2009

Saturday we visited a local carpet store. It's just downstairs and around the corner from our apartment building. There's a distinction between a carpet and a wall hanging (multiply the price of a carpet by 10 and you are close to the price for a Persian wall hanging). Still, the prices seemed reasonable and the owner was very friendly. Hey, we're neighbors and we plan on living here for at least two years.

We finally decided on a handsome carpet for my sons room. It's a deep red color, almost purple, with an attractive pattern and soft to walk on. It makes a great rump saver to sit on too, the tile here can be tiresome. I think it is the carpet pictured above, under all those lovely Persian wall hangings. We're discussing which theme and color scheme we want in a Persian wall hanging. There are several tree of life themes we liked and a gorgeous gold/green mandala pattern all three of us agreed on. The wall hangings are made of silk and color shift when you move from side to side. Lovely.

Our furnished apartment, apartment furniture showed yesterday. All I'll say about it is, it may only be temporary furniture (which is good).

It was a warm day (weather.com said we hit 92 F) but humidity was low. I walked to Khalidiya Mall to pick up a cable and thank you card. There was a group from the police and traffic safety in the mall. They were promoting safe driving and traffic safety. A constant issue in the press. News media was present, and several important looking officials. They even had people dressed as Arab cartoon characters out talking to kids. Pretty neat. I'm all for some better driving awareness - and I thought it was bad back home.

Managed to hit the pool around lunch time. I'm trying to keep to moderate sun exposure. My face is looking a bit red lately, and I don't need a sun burn. Last night I took some slow exposure images from the roof. I'm going to transfer the images from my camera to this computer. I'll post some photos here if any are interesting.


Best.

Comments