Taxi Life

Thursday 9:26 AM 26 February 2009

I just had to post this morning. Our driver never showed, so we went out to the street and flagged down a taxi - didn't take long to get a ride. Our driver today was, Muhammad Ali! A nice guy, Arab, heavy english accent. And a polite driver too. We had to get my son to school this morning for his first day of class. Traffic was heavy at 7:20 AM and it took some fancy driving, weaving in and out of lanes to get us there, cost was $15 dh (a little less than $5 US).

As I mentioned earlier, everyone drives. If you don't drive, you catch a taxi. I still don't see many people walking like you do in other large U.S. cities. My best comparison, city wise, would be Anaheim, CA. Warm, humid climate, a lot of Palms, very few people walking, but the density and bustle of Mexico City.

There's a lot to see here. Sometime soon, I'll wander over to Abu Dhabi Pottery. It's about 1/2 km walk from here (I should time how long it takes to get there) and inquire about fees to use the facility. There's also a Berlitz language school on 26th near Kalidiya st. I've emailed them about their Arabic language class schedule.

Well, I have to get some clothes to the cleaners down the street. Our little Italian made combo washer/dryer machine can only handle 2 kilos of clothes - so it takes many little loads of wash all the time.

Best to everyone.

Comments

Post a Comment