Settling into a Routine?

9: 14 AM Sunday 1 March 2009 - and a full week of living in Abu Dhabi

Today is Sunday - so it is "Monday" in the UAE. As I mentioned in my previous post, Friday is a Holy day, and is similar to our Saturday + Sunday. And Saturday is Sunday for us foreign nationals. Got it?

I saw my son off to school this morning and my wife headed to work. Which leaves me here in the apartment. One of my clients and I chatted online last night. So, I have a little Web editing work to accomplish today - minor change to a Web form.

My clothes should be ready for pick-up from the cleaners around the corner. I'll go do that soon.

Video Editing

I still have to go through the 55 minutes of video from our desert "safari." I borrowed my sons Flip video camera to shoot the video. My equipment has not shown yet (shippers promise it will be here this week). He's been good about lending me his sony digital camera too.

Here's a photo of me shooting video with my sons Flip video camera. It will record up to 60 minutes of video. The camera is easy to use and does an okay job of video and audio. It records in standard format. I'll drop the clips into Adobe Premiere and tweak them there.

No idea what I'm cooking for dinner tonight. But we're stocked up after shopping at Lulu's yesterday. Lulu's had a great selection of fresh seafood. We could not make it out to the Fish Market on Port Zayed. Pick out your fish/prawns and tell them how you want them cleaned - your cleaned fish is ready for you in about 10 minutes. Easy.

"M'a sa-laama-a" (go with peace).

Comments

Post a Comment