Another Beautiful Day

Lovely morning. Sunny and warm.

We visited my sons new school today. Everyone was friendly and he's excited about going there. He starts Thursday, so today we're going to a local Patisserie and then we have a tour of Abu Dhabi in the afternoon. Tomorrow I think we'll check out the pool and then walk along the Cornich.

I really need to learn some Arabic. I have a couple of books and podcasts and CD's. But I learn best in a classroom. We'll see.

The Call to Prayer is quite loud and broadcast througout the day. Last night I was quite tired. While I was trying to sleep, my head was full of Arabic words and music. I take that as a good sign I'm trying to acclimate.

There must be a trick to get blogger to display English as the default instead of Arabic. Google now remembers to display in English. My workaround is to go to google.com, then to my blog's Dashboard, which is in English. Otherwise, the blogger header is in Arabic, I don't know how to access my site to edit it. Only minor peeve so far. And the blogger Spell Check is not workig either, so excuse my typo's - I'm computer dependent.

Comments