Adjusting to the Weather


Wow. 80 degrees F and humid. Big change from freezing conditions back home (I know, weather report says a high of 50 F - that's what they said last week and it barely broke 40 F).

Took a walk along the Cornish. Very pretty, I like the landscaping and the beach looked inviting. Did not have time to take it easy today, but will soon. Had to sit in the shade of a palm to cool down. I have not seen many people wearing hats - probably because it's not really hot yet. It's not even Spring.

We took a taxi over to Abu Dhabi Mall to purchase some clothes for my son. I packed most of his clothes before moving, and they won't show up for a week or so. Nice mall, but I'm exhausted from the combination of heat, humidity, walking and the 12 hour time change. Ate Lamb Souvlaki at the food court.

Driving - yes, traffic is fast. The speed limit along the Dubai highway was 120 km/h and once you hit Abu Dhabi the speed limit increased to 160 km/h. Everyone wants to go fast. The taxi drivers have been speedy and polite, if a bit reserved. We don't have a car yet, but may in a week or two. I'm not sure about driving here. Once I have a feel for the area, it may not be that bad. I'd much rather hang out at the rooftop pool and hit the apartment gym and sauna.
I haven't found my voice for this blog, but intend to continue posting about what seems interesting and different. It sure seems like learning Arabic would be beneficial. I have some study aids, book, CD and podcasts. Although, I learn best in a classroom environment.

Comments